REMC’s hybrid Annual Meeting mixes business with prizes, grants and scholarships
Though Carroll White REMC’s 11th Annual Meeting on June 6 was unlike meetings in the past, the focus — as always — was on the co-op’s members.
This year’s meeting was in a hybrid format — a combination of a drive-thru meeting and an in-person meeting held at Carroll Junior-Senior High School in
Flora. No matter how members chose to participate in the meeting, they were able to vote in the director election to choose representatives to the REMC’s
board of directors.
“The financial and operational interests in our cooperative are represented by a board of directors, made up of REMC members, elected by you, our member-owners,” said Carroll White REMC Assistant Secretary-Treasurer Kent Zimpfer who introduced the current board:
• Aaron Anderson: Representing District 1. Anderson is the newest board member, joining in 2021.
• Kevin Bender: Representing District 2. Bender is the REMC’s board president. He also represents Region 4 of the National Cooperative Finance Corporation board of directors. Region 4 encompasses Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and West Virginia.
• Kent Zimpfer: Representing District 3. Zimpfer serves as assistant secretary-treasurer of the REMC board
• Margaret Foutch: Representing District 4. Foutch is REMC vice president.
• Gary Gerlach: Representing District 6. Gerlach serves as the CW REMC director on the Indiana Electric Cooperatives board of directors.
• Tina Davis: Representing District 7. Davis is CW REMC’s director on the Wabash Valley Power Alliance board. Wabash Valley is the cooperative’s power supplier.
The REMC’s attorney, Patrick Manahan, conducted the board election. Incumbent board members Kevin Bender and Margaret Foutch were re-elected to the board.
For more Annual Meeting articles visit the July 2022 Indiana Connection magazine.