Being a member of CW REMC’s Junior Board is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and build leadership skills for yourself, propelling you through your education and career. High School Juniors and Seniors will have an interactive, hands-on experience with CW REMC, local businesses and nonprofit organizations, as well as other local high school students.
The application deadline is Friday, September 6th. Final selections will be made by Friday, September 13th.
Questions? Contact Carroll White REMC at 574-583-7161 or email@example.com.
What We Look for in a Junior Board Member
- Interest in business administration, marketing, technology, operations, finance, etc.
- Individuals willing to step up and take initiative
- A willingness to participate in our community, a spirit of volunteerism, and extra-curricular activities
No experience is necessary. CW REMC leaders will mentor all Junior Board members and officers.
Board Member Requirements
The board will be involved in two community projects per school year. All members must participate in board agreed upon community service events, activities and projects, and attend the scheduled monthly board meetings. Provide a voice for your generation on expectations of electric cooperatives. Be present with enthusiasm and a thirst for community and self-improvement!
Important Board Dates and Events
- Monthly board meetings are required and will take place throughout the year on a recurring date and time.
- Members can miss no more than two meetings in a row and no more than three meetings throughout the year.
- September 8th is the mandatory Welcome Reception and Orientation for new board members. The official board photo will also be taken during this session.
- Optional trips or activities may take place throughout the year as decided by the board.
All CW REMC Junior Board Meetings will be held the 2nd Sunday of each month from 11:30 – 1:00 with lunch provided, unless noted otherwise.
- September 8: Orientation at Carroll White REMC, Monticello from 11:30 – 1:00
- October 13: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- November 10: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- December: No Meeting. Focus on Community Service Project planning.
- January 12: Focus on Community Service Project planning
- February 9: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- March 8: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- April 12: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- May 17: Board Meeting at local business* from 11:30 – 1:00
- June: TBD. Carroll White REMC Annual Member Meeting.