Being a member of CW REMC’s Junior Board is a distinguished opportunity to contribute to your community and build leadership skills for yourself, propelling you through your education and career. High School Juniors and Seniors will have an interactive, hands-on experience with CW REMC, local businesses and nonprofit organizations, as well as other local high school students.
The application deadline is Wednesday June 30, 2021. Final selections will be made by Friday, July 9, 2021.
Questions? Contact Carroll White REMC at 574-583-7161 or email@example.com.
What We Look for in a Junior Board Member
- Interest in business administration, marketing, technology, operations, finance, etc.
- Individuals willing to step up and take initiative
- A willingness to participate in our community, a spirit of volunteerism, and extra-curricular activities
No experience is necessary. CW REMC leaders will mentor all Junior Board members and officers.
Board Member Requirements
The board will be involved in two community projects per school year. All members must participate in board agreed upon community service events, activities and projects, and attend the scheduled monthly board meetings. Provide a voice for your generation on expectations of electric cooperatives. Be present with enthusiasm and a thirst for community and self-improvement!
Important Board Dates and Events
- Monthly board meetings are required and will take place throughout the year on a recurring date and time.
- Members can miss no more than two meetings in a row and no more than three meetings throughout the year.
- August 12th is the mandatory Welcome Reception and Orientation for new board members. The official board photo will also be taken during this session.
- Optional trips or activities may take place throughout the year as decided by the board.
All CW REMC Junior Board Meetings will be held the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6:30 – 8:00 with dinner provided, unless noted otherwise.
- August 11: Orientation at Carroll White REMC, Monticello from 6:30 – 8:00
- September 8 6:30 – 8:00
- October 13 6:30 – 8:00
- November 10 6:30 – 8:00
- December 20 Attend Carroll White REMC Board meeting in Monticello 9:00 am
- February 9 6:30 – 8:00
- March 9 6:30 – 8:00
- April 13 6:30 – 8:00
- May 11 6:30 – 8:00
- June: TBD. Carroll White REMC Annual Member Meeting.