Today’s members want and expect options, including the type of energy powering their homes. Many homeowners are looking for a less expensive form of energy with ongoing savings. Some are looking for a green energy source. These two motives are why many homeowners are exploring solar panels.
The interest in alternative energy sources is also being fueled by decreasing costs for solar, the availability of financial incentives, and the proliferation of companies offering solar panel installation.
However, as attractive and popular as solar may appear, it is important for members to fully understand its true costs, the operational reality of this form of energy, and actual energy savings. To determine whether solar is right for your particular situation, homeowners must undertake their due diligence.
We’re here to help.
As your trusted energy advisor, Carroll White REMC can offer a candid assessment of your specific situation. After all, Carroll White REMC has a different “bottom line” that is not directly tied to the sale of a product or service. We constantly strive to find new ways to help you use energy more efficiently.
- Thinking of Installing a Solar System?
- Solar FAQs (PDF)
- 10 Steps Before Installing Solar (PDF)
- Solar OwnerShip Options (PDF)
- Solar Installer Questions (PDF)
- Solar Systems Sizes (PDF)
- Carroll White REMC Solar Podcast
Net Metering Rate
Download our Net Metering Rate (PDF).
Delphi Solar Arrays
As solar energy continues to be a popular topic of conversation and members are hearing information from so many different sources, Carroll White REMC wants to work with members on getting the right information for their specific needs.
Recently, Carroll White REMC contracted to have two different solar arrays built and put in use at our Delphi facility. We did this as a way to educate members on the different types of arrays, the output each produces and the costs associated with the project.
Delphi West Array
- Sold and installed by AgTechnologies, Inc. from Rochester, IN
- Manufacturer: Hanwha Q CELLS America, Inc.
- 24 Q PEAK DUO-G5 panels total
- Each panel rated at 325 watts DC (total 7,800 watts DC)
- Manufacturer: Enphase
- 24 total IQ 7+ micro-inverters, 1 per panel
- Total AC Rating: 7,000 watts (7kW AC)
- “SolarCam” ground mounting racking
- Manually adjustable panel racking tilt
Delphi East Array
- Sold and installed by CamFlo Heating & Cooling from Flora, IN
- Manufacturer: AXITEC Solar
- 20 AXIpremium panels total
- Each panel rated at 370 watts DC (total 7,400 watts DC)
- Manufacturer: SolarEdge
- 1 single-phase HD-wave inverter
- Total AC Rating: 5,000 watts (5kW AC)
- “PowerPeak” ground mount driven pier system
- Fixed tilt panel racking
For additional information please contact Carroll White REMC at (800) 844-7161 and ask for Joe Spear.